Gas appliances Serviced & Repaired & Installed, Gas Boilers, combi boilers, back boilers, cast iron and condensing boilers.
Why use Gas Safe registered engineers
Gas Safe registered engineers are the only persons legally allowed to work with gas, and service appliances.
Servicing Procedure for a Gas Boiler, Preliminary examination:
- Check with customer whether there are any problems with the system.
- Check the appliance location is suitable for the type of appliance.
- Check the appliance for any damage before starting work on it.
- Check for correct operation of the appliance, including consumer controls and the safety devices.
- Check the flame for correct burning.
- Check the electrical wiring complies with electrical regulations.
- Check for correct clearances from combustible materials.
- Examine gas supply pipework for correct installation and clearances.
- Check for correct ventilation to the room containing the appliance.
Full service procedure:
- Remove main burners, clean and inspect for damage.
- Clean and inspect gas injector(s).
- Clean pilot assembly and gas injector.
- Reassemble burners and pilot assembly.
- Check condition of ignition leads and electrode.
- Clean the heat exchanger.
- Refit burner assemblies and check seals.
- Test disturbed gas joints for leaks.
- Check appliance case and seals (where appliance is room-sealed) for damage and correct assembly.
- Check and adjust pilot flame.
- Check operation of thermocouple (flame supervision device).
- Measure gas pressure and flow rate, and adjust if necessary.
- Inspect/test flue for faults/correct operation.
- Inspect flue terminal for correct location and protection.
- Check sealed system (if fitted) is at correct pressure.
- Advise user to have the system checked at least every twelve months or as specified my manufacturer.
- Advise user of any defects found in writing.
- Apply the Industry Unsafe Situations Procedure if necessary.